PDA

View Full Version : They say its the highest form of flattery...

Hammer27
06-28-2016, 02:41 PM
But this looks more like an abomination than an imitation.

http://soldiersystems.net/2016/06/28/sneak-peek-aimpoint-nano/#comments

CaptBeach
06-28-2016, 02:45 PM
Man thats some kind a ugly...

Gabriel Suarez
06-28-2016, 02:48 PM
PROBLEMS

1). Double action in the era of striker fired
2). NFA weapon
3). Cannot detach stock
4). Difficult to CCW
5). Costly magazines
6). And if THAT is the new secret Aimpoint pistol sight Trijicon sadly has nothing to worry about.

EDELWEISS
06-28-2016, 02:48 PM
I'm kinda liking the concept. That folding stock is sweet. Basically you have a handgun and a stocked pistol all in one...

Forklift
06-28-2016, 03:36 PM
Maybe it's just me, but that looks like a bastardized pos.

khadga
06-29-2016, 09:28 AM
Maybe it's just me, but that looks like a bastardized pos.

An insult to decent looking bastards everywhere.

I've been curious about the new Aimpoint. It looks large and sort of Klingon.

BKern
06-29-2016, 09:55 AM
It should sell nicely in the third world.

PastorM
06-29-2016, 12:52 PM
PROBLEMS

1). Double action in the era of striker fired

The article says a striker fired variant is coming next year. It's sort of hideous looking, bu the fact that you can pack the whole SBR into a holster is kind of neat. Though you're right, it looks like it would be kind of tough to CCW.

coastalcop
06-29-2016, 01:05 PM
Its another specialized tool (albeit oddly done) . Can see it for airport and other static point semi low profile operations. Too big for day to day patrol on the street. there were a few airports (still might be) that shortly post 9/11 issued glock 18 to qualified uniform officers. Sat in the holster like anything else, but had a direct action/ suppression switch if needed. You gave up the additional points of contact (and the big mags) but was un noticeable in the holster.

We tested and discarded one (G-18) for the shield guy on the team shortly post 9/11 , controllability was difficult to achieve when braced against the shield (may have been better with the "cut out" shields available now)

I should add that pre 9/11 I was going through Heathrow a couple of times as .gov and you couldn't go 50 yards in any of the terminals I went through , without running into a pair of polite gentlemen in full kit (sans helmet) with mp-5s slung across the front. Friendly and professional but very visible in a "non gun " culture like England.

Shawn Pappas
06-29-2016, 01:27 PM
This one at least has Mack Bolan in it's pedigree.

apamburn
06-29-2016, 06:21 PM
This does nothing that the endo glock PDW combo with RNR can't do better

Moving along.

EDELWEISS
06-30-2016, 04:05 AM
This does nothing that the endo glock PDW combo with RNR can't do better

Moving along.

Ahhhhh YES. It can be carried in a holster with the stock attached. The stock is attached and can be quickly opened. It can be shot as a pistol with the stock folded and as a PDW with the stock open.

*****I'll add that all of the above is the result of using a stock thats NOT a buffer tube

mike135
06-30-2016, 08:37 AM
I think some of you guys are being a bit rough on them... :smile: Yeah, it's not pretty but I think it's a pretty cool concept. Sure, you can't carry concealed easily, but how awesome would that be as a 2nd gun in a small bag? It looks smaller in every way than any other stocked option I've seen (assuming you don't carry the Endo disassembled). And for law-enforcement use where it can be carried in the holster I'm sure there's a place for the concept. Or, imagine how this compares to the slung M&P for a personal security detail--it looks much more concealable.

TheGrayMan214
06-30-2016, 09:18 AM
I like the concept to an extent.... New development is always interesting.

It does look like it would be balanced more like a MAC-10 or folded Micro Uzi when used as a pistol with the mass fore and aft of the grip. I could be wrong, but looking at the photos that's the impression I get.

I don't like that it appears to be red-dot only with BUIS.

Do I like this concept more than an ENDO/Glock? Absolutely not.... but I do think the concept does have merit in certain applications. Issue to combat aircrew being one of them.

MesserMan
07-01-2016, 08:41 PM
I actually like it. The execution with this particular iteration is lacking (a CZ-75? Really? No provision for backup iron sights? Reeeeaaaaally???), but as a rough draft, not bad. A pistol with a folding stock that can be holstered and fired normally is a niche that hasn't been filled yet.

I've played around with an airsoft B&T MP9 and compatible drop-leg holster, and man, that setup is FAST. The draw is like any other pistol, except you incorporate ripping open the stock as part of the draw-stroke. You can go from hands-free, to having a legit, stocked submachinegun in your hands and on target just as fast as you could with an ordinary pistol.

If you can carry something bigger and more capable in your hands or on a sling, that's a better choice, but something like this is what every street cop in America should have in their holsters.

What I'd really like to see, is this concept, done by S.I.