PDA

View Full Version : Travel to VA with PDW kit...

apamburn
05-31-2016, 04:28 PM
Headed to VA for impromptu family emergency. I'd like to take the brace.

Any unforseen issues?

I'll be in the VA Beach area if any WTers feel like getting a bite to eat or something. PM me on that.

steve_k
05-31-2016, 04:33 PM
I think most would say or agree.... Concealed is concealed and if you busted after using it in self defense at least you are alive. But a local could give a better perspective.

CaptBeach
05-31-2016, 07:10 PM
I live in Va Beach...as long as you are not brandishing, as in slinging it and walking into 7-11 or a local restaurant your fine...if you have reciprocity again your good. Also would love to meetup but I am in Charleston SC till Saturday or Sunday. Anything I can assist with here locally? PM me.

apamburn
05-31-2016, 08:20 PM
I live in Va Beach...as long as you are not brandishing, as in slinging it and walking into 7-11 or a local restaurant your fine...if you have reciprocity again your good. Also would love to meetup but I am in Charleston SC till Saturday or Sunday. Anything I can assist with here locally? PM me.

Thanks CaptBeach. I'm mostly concerned with TSA or airport police scrutiny of the brace (if they are even involved in luggage screening?). The brace itself will not be attached to my concealed weapon unless something 'fun' happens. :D

coastalcop
06-01-2016, 04:00 AM
Thanks CaptBeach. I'm mostly concerned with TSA or airport police scrutiny of the brace (if they are even involved in luggage screening?). The brace itself will not be attached to my concealed weapon unless something 'fun' happens. :D

Then its in a separate bag with camera /video equipment climbing gear or misc small camping gear. The objects around the unusual generally form the impression of the unknown items use in the eyes of the observer.

CaptBeach
06-01-2016, 04:56 AM
Dealing with TSA and ORF PD all bets are off, however, your AR PDW IS legal in Va. If it was me I would just bring a CCW pistol. You will be fine in Va Beach. If I was going to be home I would just meet you at the baggage claim and lend you one while in town. As it is I will be here in Charleston tol late Sunday driving home Zero Dark Thirty Monday. Sorry for your loss.

For those wondering Va Beach is one of the safer places one could be forced to come to.

coastalcop
06-01-2016, 07:46 AM
Dealing with TSA and ORF PD all bets are off, however, your AR PDW IS legal in Va. If it was me I would just bring a CCW pistol. You will be fine in Va Beach. If I was going to be home I would just meet you at the baggage claim and lend you one while in town. As it is I will be here in Charleston tol late Sunday driving home Zero Dark Thirty Monday. Sorry for your loss.

For those wondering Va Beach is one of the safer places one could be forced to come to.

I may have misread the OP but I though he was discussing the detachable arm brace for the glock

apamburn
06-01-2016, 08:30 AM
I may have misread the OP but I though he was discussing the detachable arm brace for the glock

Yes brace for glock

CaptBeach
06-01-2016, 09:00 AM
Yes brace for glock

My bad...thought we were talking about the OTHER PDW...your Glock based PDW should be fine, doubt any TSA guy would put them together.