PDA

View Full Version : Trade my AR's for Glock PDW's

rigger7
05-13-2016, 03:52 PM
I'm seriously considering doing this, high intensity short range engagements are more likely to happen where I live,
added to the fact CT is so damn anti AR its ridiculous.
The good thing is that I'm in the military and still have options.

EDELWEISS
05-13-2016, 04:08 PM
Noooooooooooooo! Dude do not get rid of your AR. If you want a Glock PDW then sure buy one, hell buy a few but do not get rid of your rifle.

BESEPUL
05-13-2016, 04:28 PM
What Edel said.

Blacked out
05-13-2016, 05:12 PM
Bro, I am right here with you in CT. Don't sell your ARs, in fact use your AD status and buy more! Seriously get the endo kit from Gabe and buy a cheap glock. Look on local forums to see if anyone is selling their likely very lightly used rmr if money is tight.

Paper Shredder
05-13-2016, 05:16 PM
I think the sentiment of less guns is repulsive... I cringe at "lowering" my inventory. I'm about due for a few more... Starting with a SI 319 slide.... It's gonna be my "catch" present

IANative
05-14-2016, 07:50 AM
... Starting with a SI 319 slide.... It's gonna be my "catch" present

Yeah, baby! 48219

Scottman
05-16-2016, 04:51 PM
are the glock pdws legal with conceal carry in CT with 10 round mags?

Bill Bond
05-16-2016, 09:13 PM
I can understand selling off a 9mm AR15 to pay for a Glock PDW, but not a rifle caliber AR15.

EDELWEISS
05-17-2016, 08:57 AM
I can understand selling off a 9mm AR15 to pay for a Glock PDW, but not a rifle caliber AR15.

Negative to that too. If you have a 9mm AR, then what you need to do is SBR it, NOT sell it.

Blacked out
05-17-2016, 02:08 PM
are the glock pdws legal with conceal carry in CT with 10 round mags?

Still a pistol. The issue is when you use it with a 17/34 and that's only because of mags. If still concerned then carry the brace separate but quickly accessible. We had a discussion on here about quick reaction and the pdw. Different tools depending on situations

Scottman
06-09-2016, 02:54 PM
nice ! I could see the glock 20 I just fabbed up with 10 round mags being probably a go to option for me in that state. Put on a 9 inch 9 x 25 DILLON barrel

warriorscience4u
06-09-2016, 03:13 PM
I'm seriously considering doing this, high intensity short range engagements are more likely to happen where I live,
added to the fact CT is so damn anti AR its ridiculous.
The good thing is that I'm in the military and still have options.

We need a Med section, Section 8 area for temporary insanity.

Yes, your best option is to transfer to a free State. If you still feel a need to do this? Wait till we get closer to Hillibitch time and you can triple your money on the ARs.

GemJedi
06-10-2016, 04:59 AM
I will add a twist because I do not own a rifle caliber rifle yet (so I am not selling a rifle to buy a PDW) but I just ordered the PDW and a RMR'd Suarez Glock 17 slide for the truck gun I have wanted. Why this choice? because in Illinois one cannot legally drive with a loaded rifle, but I can have a loaded PDW with my concealed carry license. That adds additional readiness when a situation presents itself.

DogDoc
06-10-2016, 05:50 AM
I wouldn't retire my rifle for a PDW even though an RMR Glock PDW seems to be capable of doing almost all of the jobs I'm likely to require a gun to do. Add to that the portability and legal concealability, and you really have a tool that any man would be foolish not to have.

Still...there are jobs only a rifle can do and not to have one is foolish. Even if your only purpose for a rifle was to defy your state's commie government, I'd consider that a worthy reason to own one...or a dozen.

Doc

H60DoorGunner
06-10-2016, 06:28 AM
God forbid my chosen states become so communist.

In that event, I would grease and store my rifles for use at a later date. I certainly wouldn't get rid of them.

Take a breather, man. Consider what you actually just posted, smack yourself, come on back to the real world....and then keep your rifles.