PDA

View Full Version : Getting on the PDW bandwagon

Alex Nieuwland
05-09-2016, 07:28 PM
After handling JD Lester's Glock 17 PDW a few weeks ago, I was sold on the concept. I ordered the kit from SI, but - surprise! - I did not own any full size Glocks yet. I had just never needed one. A few days ago, I ran across this Glock 34 for a good price at a local gun store. The Endo fit it very snugly, and the trigger was super sweet for an out of the box trigger.

I went for the Glock 34, because it already has the extended magazine release button, and a longer barrel. Soon, it will have an RMR, suppressor sights and a threaded barrel.

I have a Beretta Storm SBR, but when I'm done with this PDW, I think it will fill the same niche using a smaller form factor and with magazine commonality between the PDW and my EDC.

Eric Tull
05-10-2016, 07:38 AM
Very cool! It blew me away how nice JD's PDW is, especially how sturdy it is.

Ted Demosthenes
05-10-2016, 09:33 AM
Nice Alex. I'm getting aboard as well with a similar G34 project. SI slide, trigger, threaded barrel, muzzle break.

Brent Yamamoto
05-10-2016, 09:36 AM
Alex you won't regret it.

I still have a lot of love for my Storm but the PDW has stolen its thunder. While the Storm sits at my bedside, the PDW travels with me. It's so easy to pack it's virtually EDC.

EDELWEISS
05-10-2016, 11:11 AM
Alex you won't regret it.

I still have a lot of love for my Storm but the PDW has stolen its thunder. While the Storm sits at my bedside, the PDW travels with me. It's so easy to pack it's virtually EDC.

EXACTLY--I dont see the Glock PDW or any Stocked (NOT Stocked) Pistol totally replacing a SMG (format) gun. YES the Glock PDW has advantages, weight and mag interchangeability; being the strongest, along with it not being a NFA item. Those advantages make it likely to be carried. That being said, in the middle of the night or on the road I'll grab a SMG or AR Pistol. For trips to the mall or perhaps the movies or other missions requiring the most discreet solutions the Glock PDW fits; but I still see it more as an extraction device than a attacking tool.

Blacked out
05-10-2016, 04:11 PM
Heck yea, I love mine. Plan on picking up another patrol trigger up for it shortly.
http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h415/Blacked_out10/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsixlfs5ey.jpg (http://s1108.photobucket.com/user/Blacked_out10/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsixlfs5ey.jpg.html)

warriorscience4u
05-10-2016, 04:52 PM
Does the stock extend out?

DogDoc
05-10-2016, 05:00 PM
Does the stock extend out?

Yes.

DogDoc
05-10-2016, 05:02 PM
The PDW is what got me buying full size Glocks too.

Though I did have a couple drilled for the G19 frame as well.

doc

JD Lester
05-10-2016, 06:33 PM
After handling JD Lester's Glock 17 PDW a few weeks ago, I was sold on the concept. I ordered the kit from SI, but - surprise! - I did not own any full size Glocks yet. I had just never needed one. A few days ago, I ran across this Glock 34 for a good price at a local gun store. The Endo fit it very snugly, and the trigger was super sweet for an out of the box trigger.

I went for the Glock 34, because it already has the extended magazine release button, and a longer barrel. Soon, it will have an RMR, suppressor sights and a threaded barrel.

I have a Beretta Storm SBR, but when I'm done with this PDW, I think it will fill the same niche using a smaller form factor and with magazine commonality between the PDW and my EDC.

Alex, Eric,

Glad I could be an enabler....I been called worse.

v/r

JD

Alex Nieuwland
05-16-2016, 08:23 PM
The PDW is what got me buying full size Glocks too.

Though I did have a couple drilled for the G19 frame as well.

doc

I tried it with a G19 at first, but did not find it sturdy enough for my liking.

Yondering
05-16-2016, 11:49 PM
I tried it with a G19 at first, but did not find it sturdy enough for my liking.

The Endo adapters seem to vary a bit, maybe between different batches? Mine is very solid in my G19, but I drilled two for Dogdoc that were not as solid. Even with those, one fit looser than the other in my frame. I'm not knocking Endo; I really like mine, but I'd have expected the quality control to be tighter than that. Just something to be aware of I guess; they are cheap enough if you get a loose one, just buy another.

EDELWEISS
05-17-2016, 12:40 PM
The ENDO is great-for what it is; but I still keep thinking there has to be a better system. Until then the ENDO is available and its a cheap way to turn your RMRd Glock into a PDW.

Paper Shredder
05-18-2016, 05:15 AM
I bailed on our little not stock glock project due to the fact that the stability was not there. The platform rigidity was contingent on the grip force and that was also compromised due to changes in the grip thickness.

I haven't bought one yet, but I'd probably imagine Gabes kit is pretty solid and ultimately does what we all have been talking about for the past 2 years.

CDX09
05-18-2016, 07:18 AM
I bailed on our little not stock glock project due to the fact that the stability was not there. The platform rigidity was contingent on the grip force and that was also compromised due to changes in the grip thickness.

I haven't bought one yet, but I'd probably imagine Gabes kit is pretty solid and ultimately does what we all have been talking about for the past 2 years.

I got the opportunity to handle and shoot Brent's Glock PDW this past weekend. I'm not sure if it was the addition of the law folder (more length?) but it was rock solid.

Brent Yamamoto
05-18-2016, 09:58 AM
I got the opportunity to handle and shoot Brent's Glock PDW this past weekend. I'm not sure if it was the addition of the law folder (more length?) but it was rock solid.
I believe Paper Shredder is referring to the concept of a not stock that's held in place by grip alone, not the Endo stock (though I could be wrong).

I think there is some minor inconsistency in both Glock frames and the Endo units, which can result in more or less play. Everyone that I have picked up is pretty solid, but I know some have not had the same experience.

I don't think the folder by itself increases the stability. It increases the length of pull, which may or may not be a good thing for a given shooter. Mine is the MDT folder by the way, not the Law Tactical. The Law is intended to accommodate the AR piston and so would be unnecessary expense for a Glock PDW.
I b

Yondering
05-18-2016, 11:52 AM
I'm a little suspicious that shortly after Gabe and crew started talking about this Glock/Endo/Shockwave setup, that Endo may have released a batch of their adapters that are a little undersized. I haven't bothered to talk to Endo about it, because mine work great, but there do seem to be a number of them that aren't as solid, all in the same time frame. Someone that has a loose adapter might talk to Endo about it, they may not be aware of this, if it's an issue.

bassbones
05-18-2016, 01:05 PM
My first ENDO was direct from the company and was oversized and needed work to fit my 17, the second unit I bought as a kit from SI and it was perfect on the same gun. The benefit has been that the first unit is sturdy with a 19.....so they stay dedicated to those weapons.

On a side note, a Maxpedition "Neat freak" is a perfect fit for a folded ENDO/shockwave setup and 3 happy sticks. I attached it to my BOB so now I don't have to keep a weapon in my car so if I have a break in I'm only out the ENDO and some mags and ammo.

JB

DogDoc
05-18-2016, 01:49 PM

Why not make one that snaps over the Glock grip and uses a KAK Blade? If it had a Blade rather than a stock, it can be actually attached without NFA issues. A snap on over the grip would be quicker to deploy than the Endo.

EDELWEISS
05-18-2016, 02:49 PM

Im sorry to hear that Bro, as I really think its a better "concept" at least until we can get away from using a buffer tube... plus of course theres no issue with shouldering as long as it dosent "attach" Alsooooooo your version could more easily accommodate various generations and grip sizes---just sayin'

Paper Shredder
05-19-2016, 06:25 PM
Gents... our project seems to have some new signs of promise... although I will be out of pocket for say... 18 years in a few days.

I'll try to regroup on it when I can!

glocked
05-20-2016, 09:27 AM
Gents... our project seems to have some new signs of promise... although I will be out of pocket for say... 18 years in a few days.

I'll try to regroup on it when I can!
If I'm reading that correctly.... Congrats on your imminently due bundle of joy!

Blacked out
05-20-2016, 05:19 PM
If I'm reading that correctly.... Congrats on your imminently due bundle of joy!

This, times a billion!

Paper Shredder
05-20-2016, 06:38 PM
Thanks gents! I'll post the news in the Bon Vivant forum when the little one is here!