PDA

View Full Version : ENDO Adapter Retaining Pin Question

towgnr60
03-29-2016, 09:17 AM
This weekend I took my G17 with ENDO stock adapter and Shockwave out to the range. After firing any number of rounds, I noticed that the retaining pin for the ENDO stock was starting to back out. The amount it backed out depending on the number or rounds I fired; the more higher the round count the more it came out.

Is this normal? Is the detent on the retaining pin designed to catch when fully inserted, or just before coming out. Or, is the detent there only to cause friction, meaning it does not catch on any particular part of the adapter, so it could be weak?

I am only asking because I would hate to need the PDW to only have the adapter fall off of my pistol after firing 30 rounds.

Thanks

Dbltap717
03-29-2016, 09:25 AM
Gen3 g17 or did you mod the endo for a gen4?

towgnr60
03-29-2016, 09:38 AM
Gen3, no modifications made.

I basically want to know if the pin is design so that it can work its way back during firing, but not come out; thus keeping the adapter secured to the firearm.

It was hard to insert. I had to twist it in as the OEM directed.

Yondering
03-29-2016, 01:10 PM
No, the pin should not back out. It needs to stay inserted. It should be firm to insert as well.

Check to see if the pin is contacting the magazine. If it is, you may need to shorten it a little. Not sure why else it would back out. (Edit - that's for a G19, I missed that yours is a 17.)

Gabriel Suarez
03-29-2016, 01:17 PM
If the lanyard hole in your frame is too large, that may happen. Otherwise, it is a firm fit.

barnetmill
03-29-2016, 03:55 PM
If the lanyard hole in your frame is too large, that may happen. Otherwise, it is a firm fit.

Perhaps a heavy rubber band for retention?