PDA

View Full Version : Glock PDW L Clamp

DogDoc
02-09-2016, 10:03 AM
Just saw this (https://www.onesourcetactical.com/pdw-magazine-l-clamp.aspx#.VromglMrLVo) at OST. Pretty cool. :)

Dbltap717
02-09-2016, 11:09 AM
I read a post that it doesn't clamp the OEM happy sticks as tight as the ETS mags. I guess some electrical tape might thicken it up...or, I could just breakdown and get some ETS mags

Pict
02-09-2016, 11:11 AM
I'm looking for them for Uzi/Colt mags.

Brent Yamamoto
02-09-2016, 03:06 PM
Camelbubba is correct

DogDoc
02-09-2016, 03:10 PM
Gabe do they work on OEM mags?

Doc

Pict
02-09-2016, 03:11 PM
Cool. I'll pick one up.

Gabriel Suarez
02-09-2016, 03:20 PM
PDW MAGAZINE "L" CLAMP

The magazine clamp is a tried and true method for speeding a reload either proactively or reactively. Most of the magazine clamps on the market set the magazines side by side. This is fine for a carbine, but impossible to use effectively with a magazine contained in the weapon's pistol grip. The Israelis solved this years ago with a clamp designed to carry an extra magazine at "L-shaped" configuration for the UZI SMG.

We took the concept and applied it to the Glock PDW. This worked great with the 31 round ETS Magazines, and less so with the OEM Glock 33 Round magazines. With the ETS magazines the hold is firm and holds up under extended firing. A perfect fit and match.

The technique is to carry the reload to the rear. As you can see in the images, the spare magazine rides closely up against the Shockwave adapter/brace. On the reload, the operator presses the magazine release button, extracts the magazine and with a turn of the wrist, and without the need to go to the belt, has another reload in the weapon.

SqueeDAB
02-19-2016, 06:25 AM
Just put together a pair of ETS31 mags w clamp. Currently on my PDW Shock Glock.

Next step, RDS.

bassbones
02-20-2016, 07:32 PM
So I got my OST box in the mail the other day with 2 ETS 30 rounders and the L clamp.....do I man handle these into the clamp or is it a tool related installation? I want to do this right without shredding anything.

Also....can you put Glock +2 extensions on these?

JB

WinstonSmith
02-22-2016, 06:29 AM
So I got my OST box in the mail the other day with 2 ETS 30 rounders and the L clamp.....do I man handle these into the clamp or is it a tool related installation? I want to do this right without shredding anything.

JB

With Uzi mags, you man handle them in, twisting in until they lock. The ETS mags should be similar.

MesserMan
02-22-2016, 07:29 PM

JB

I found that the +2 extensions are a no-go with these. First off, it's damn near impossible to get the little internal piece of the plus 2 extension to lock into the floor plate correctly, and even if by some miracle you do, it won't increase the capacity at all. It just makes it a bit easier to get the last round in the mag.

My only experience with the ETS mags are with the 22 rounders though, so maybe the 31s are a bit different. I'm still using the ETS 22 rounders as my spare carry mags, as they are perfectly reliable and tough. Just disappointed that I couldn't make them 24 rounders like I'd planned. So until the Magpul 27 rounders are released, these will do.