PDA

View Full Version : Glock 20 SF

Dry Fork
02-07-2016, 08:39 AM
I got my PDW and it works great on my Glock 17, 22 and 21, but will not fir my Glock 20 SF. Can I grind down the PDW to fit? If possible, I will buy a dedicated PDW. Thanks

DogDoc
02-07-2016, 09:05 AM
I think Yondering is working on this for a G21SF.

I was able to Dremel one to fit a Gen4 G21 but don't know how that compares to a SF. I'd guess you could do it. Wouldn't cost much to try.

My G21 with a Kriss mag is now my nightstand gun. All of the excuses for a 9mm evaporate when you add the Endo stock/Shockwave combo and an extended mag to a .40 or 45.

Heck, even a 10mm or .357 Sig would probably tame down enough to make their muzzle flip less relevant. I don't think either of those would be the best choice for indoor use but they'd be exceptional outside.

Doc

Scottman
02-07-2016, 10:57 AM
noticed that on my 21sf and took measurements

Brent Yamamoto
02-07-2016, 12:17 PM
I think Yondering is working on this for a G21SF.

Yondering can supply details, but I know that he has finished that project. The SF frame requires a lot of material to be removed, much more than from a Gen4. A lot more work and he thought it wasn't a DIY project for most people.

Yondering
02-07-2016, 06:41 PM
I got my PDW and it works great on my Glock 17, 22 and 21, but will not fir my Glock 20 SF. Can I grind down the PDW to fit? If possible, I will buy a dedicated PDW. Thanks

You'd need a separate Endo dedicated to the SF frame, and it will take a lot of work. I don't recommend it unless you're pretty handy with fitting parts, or don't mind sacrificing an Endo to experiment on.

The 20/21 SF frame has a smaller backstrap hole than any other double stack Glock; to make the Endo fit you have to re-shape the entire plug, both width and thickness, and the backstrap hole may or may not end up in the right location.

I ordered a second Endo/PDW kit from Gabe and do have it fitted to my G21SF frame, but haven't fired it yet.

Dry Fork
02-11-2016, 09:16 PM
I just finished filing down my Endo and got the pin to go in. When it is installed, the magazine will not drop free so I need to fine tune it some more. I started out by taking along skinny candle , warming it in very hot water until it was soft and forced into the opening on the Glock. This gave the dimension I needed to fit the Endo to. I took several wood rasps and started trimming the sides and back, not the flat. I took my time (3 Hours) and would insert and see where it was stopping and then trimmed it. Its not a tight fit on top at frame/slide area, but will shim it. I will do my final fitting and test fire later. you can still install/pin it to a standard Glock but it is loose.

Scottman
02-13-2016, 03:13 PM
nice!