PDA

View Full Version : THE PDW MAGAZINE CLAMP

Gabriel Suarez
02-04-2016, 11:00 AM

grizzlyblake
02-04-2016, 11:08 AM
Cool idea. What about having the spare mag attachment on the side of the blade?

Gabriel Suarez
02-04-2016, 11:12 AM
Cool idea. What about having the spare mag attachment on the side of the blade?

If you want to make something, go for it. This is very fast. Normally carried "spare magazine rear" it is faster than any other reload for this.

Mike Heckathorn
02-04-2016, 11:28 AM
I was just upstairs messing with this, and it's awesome! Super intuitive and lightweight. Also, it doesn't add to the length, and almost no thickness.

golucky
02-04-2016, 11:32 AM
Reminds me of the uzi mag coupler. Leave it Gabe to push the limits of this concept.

Gabriel Suarez
02-04-2016, 11:34 AM
I was so impressed with the concept I contacted my old UZI source and bought a couple of hundred

ON SALE NOW (http://www.onesourcetactical.com/pdw-magazine-l-clamp.aspx#.VrOnB1IYG8A)

Gabriel Suarez
02-04-2016, 11:35 AM

Vigilant
02-04-2016, 11:44 AM
Will it work with factory happy sticks?

Gabriel Suarez
02-04-2016, 11:48 AM
PDW MAGAZINE "L" CLAMP

The magazine clamp is a tried and true method for speeding a reload either proactively or reactively. Most of the magazine clamps on the market set the magazines side by side. This is fine for a carbine, but impossible to use effectively with a magazine contained in the weapon's pistol grip. The Israelis solved this years ago with a clamp designed to carry an extra magazine at "L-shaped" configuration for the UZI SMG.

We took the concept and applied it to the Glock PDW. This worked great with the 31 round ETS Magazines, and less so with the OEM Glock 33 Round magazines. With the ETS magazines the hold is firm and holds up under extended firing. A perfect fit and match.

The technique is to carry the reload to the rear. As you can see in the images, the spare magazine rides closely up against the Shockwave adapter/brace. On the reload, the operator presses the magazine release button, extracts the magazine and with a turn of the wrist, and without the need to go to the belt, has another reload in the weapon.

It works with factory happy sticks, but the magazine is held at a rotated angle. Could be made to fit, but that will not be something Suarez will do. Guys that want to use these, we will trade you teo ETS for two Factory sticks...straight across

Brent Yamamoto
02-04-2016, 12:06 PM
Excellent development!

This has been something that's been on my project list that I just never got around to. Ever since I was exposed to the Uzi clip, I thought the idea could be applied to other platforms. Easier said than done with some of them, thus requiring a custom solution (I have long wanted to do this with my Beretta Storm). But if the stock Uzi clip fits the ETS mags...it's awesome when there's an easy button.

The 22 round Glock mags are sadly too short for this idea, but I have confidence that longer mags will eventually be available.

grizzlyblake
02-04-2016, 12:33 PM
If you want to make something, go for it. This is very fast. Normally carried "spare magazine rear" it is faster than any other reload for this.

Brain fart moment. I didn't think that the mag would be empty once in the front position. I was thinking about the weight change of a full mag going forward, but it's a non issue.

Great idea. I'm very impressed with this whole PDW kit idea.

Yondering
02-04-2016, 01:14 PM
The 22 round Glock mags are sadly too short for this idea, but I have confidence that longer mags will eventually be available.

Just an FYI to add on to that - the ETS 22rd 9mm mags are shorter than Glock 22rd .40 mags, so it sounds like those may not work either.

bassbones
02-04-2016, 05:40 PM
Dad gum it.....I just got my second ENDO set up in the mail today.....now I have to whip out the card again to order ETS 31 rounders and a clamp. When will this end??????

JB

BeardedPelican
02-04-2016, 05:47 PM
Sort of a "modified jungle style" move there.

steve_k
02-04-2016, 06:29 PM
The innovations just don't stop...