PDA

View Full Version : Marking an SBR Glock?

Country Boy
02-04-2016, 08:39 AM
With all the talk of handguns with grip stabilization, I’m seriously considering SBR’ing my Glock. The SBR process with my AR’s has been stupid simple, but properly marking my Glock has me stymied.

Is there anyone with an SBR’d Glock that would like to share their “marking” knowledge? Where is a good place to send the frame to get marked? Or did anybody have the barrel engraved with the proper info? Any info would be appreciated.

Gabriel Suarez
02-04-2016, 08:53 AM
Either under the trigger guard...or along the dust cover of the frame.

Yondering
02-04-2016, 10:24 AM
My understanding is you have to mark the frame, not the slide or barrel. The frame is the gun, legally.

The locations Gabe mentioned seem to be the easiest.

EDELWEISS
02-04-2016, 10:39 AM
How do you mark a plastic frame, so that it meets size/depth rules and doesnt F Up the frame? Laser?

Country Boy
02-04-2016, 10:46 AM
Thanks Gabe.

Yondering, you’re right. The federal code lists the barrel as an option, but I forgot that it can’t be readily removed.

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2012-title27-vol3/pdf/CFR-2012-title27-vol3-sec479-102.pdf
By engraving, casting, stamping (impressing), or otherwise conspicuously placing or causing to be engraved, cast, stamped (impressed), or placed on the frame, receiver, or barrel thereof certain additional information. This information must be placed in a manner not susceptible of being readily obliterated, altered or removed.

Yondering
02-04-2016, 01:20 PM
How do you mark a plastic frame, so that it meets size/depth rules and doesnt F Up the frame? Laser?

Take it to a trophy shop and have them engrave it. Their engravers generally handle plastic easily. Not all can handle curved surfaces, so the bottom of the trigger guard or side of the grip panel (stippling removed) is easier.