PDA

View Full Version : Gang Unit en Route

BeardedPelican
01-28-2016, 08:11 PM
I don't normally get excited about new knives but I decided to finally get a gang unit. Pretty stoked.

Was curious how most of you guys carry yours? Appendix seems most appropriate just would like some ideas. It's versatile to say the least just from knowing the origin of the design.

IANative
01-28-2016, 08:47 PM
AIWB at 1030-1100 on a shock cord.

Harleystreetbob
01-28-2016, 08:57 PM
1100/tek-lok.

docholliday13
01-28-2016, 09:30 PM
Your going to love it man! There is already a thread started on how to carry it HERE (http://www.warriortalk.com/showthread.php?124943-Gang-unit-How-do-you-carry-it&highlight=gang+unit)

Brent Yamamoto
01-28-2016, 09:48 PM
1100/tek-lok.

Same. I have a bit of paracord I use to secure it to my belt buckle to keep it from sliding to my next belt loop. I draw it with my left.

I'd post a picture but that's a little too much like taking selfies of my crotch. I don't follow too many rules but that's one of them.

Redneck Zen
01-29-2016, 06:02 PM
The Gang Unit is awesome. A lot more stout than I expected. It looks like nothing else on the market, but it feels like something you've held before. Point forward, point reversed, edge up or down, it's versatile, adaptable and discrete. You won't impress any "knife collector" with it; my closest friends and acquaintances, however, find it most interesting.

I had to soften the checkering a bit -- I'm a delicate flower -- but other than adding some 550 cord I've made no other mods; and I tend to mod the cr@p out of my blades.

One note, though: it is carbon steel with a bead blasted finish, so I use Marine Tuff cloth or Tuff Glide to keep it from rusting or staining. Car wax or any silicon based protective agent will work. I may cold blue or paint/coat mine eventually, just for fun.