PDA

View Full Version : SIG P320 WITH RMR AND A FEW OTHER THINGS

Gabriel Suarez
11-11-2015, 02:17 PM

Randy Harris
11-12-2015, 06:28 AM
Nice! You Sig guys need to jump on this!

egalloway
11-12-2015, 07:06 PM
Very nice!

OldLawman
11-13-2015, 06:43 AM
I see the RMR and sights, along with the extended floor plate.

What else, if any, is there ?

Gabriel Suarez
11-13-2015, 08:07 AM
Well nothing else on that one, but we have the following in line for this in the coming months:

1). Flat/Straight Trigger
2). Suppressor Sights in Fiber Optic, Tritium, and Black
3). Enhanced magazine release.
4). Magazine well
5). Thick recoil guide rod in 17-4
6). Match threaded barrel

Gabriel Suarez
11-13-2015, 09:29 AM
FROM THE BOOK: DOUBLE ACTION PISTOL OPERATIONS

MY SLIDE WON'T LOCK BACK

We hear this from time to time with all modern handguns and the group of SIG shooters I worked with recently had the same concerns. They sought to change their grip to keep the thumbs off the weapon, but as we "turned up the volume" that didn't always work as well as it did during traditional range drills.

Is it a problem?

Let me tell you what I think.

There are two types of pistol manipulations. One deals with proactive situations, and the other deals with reactive situations. Proactive or reactive has to do with who holds the initiative in the fight. Too often shooters are fixated on the defensive, or reactive, aspects and ignore that there is a difference between the two situations.
First the proactive.

Proactive means that you are starting and hopefully, ending the fight. You are taking aggressive action, either preemptively, or as a faster reaction to an already initiated attack. Shooting an active shooter from behind cover in the back of the head from a distance classifies as classic proactive.

The two proactive manipulations involve making certain the weapon is loaded (usually done at home before setting out for the day), and keeping it loaded during the fight ahead of time. Some call this a "tactical reload". We will discuss this later, but suffice to say that you have time, are likely behind cover, and probably have good control over the events.

Reactive is the complete opposite of this.

Reactive means that you had no idea you were about to be attacked and now are fighting your way back from certain doom. This is where double-action, close range, point shooting on the sprint is most often seen.
The nature of reactive manipulations has to do with reacting to unforeseen problems with your pistol. In short, your pistol fails to yield a gunshot while the man in front of you is doing his utmost to kill you. And he is not stopping because your pistol stopped working. All you know is that your gun is not working and you need it right now.

So in this case do you have time to determine what sort of problem is at hand with your handgun, select the proper solution, without taking your eyes off the threat, and them implement it correctly...all while being shot at?

I think that expectation is asking too much. But so is assuming that every single time the pistol stops is because it is out of ammunition and requires Speed Reloading. That may be the case on the Gun Golf Course, but not so much in the real world.

You simply don't know, and more likely you will not be taking your eyes off the man who would see you dead no matter how much you want to. And pistols may malfunction when they are not grabbed perfectly and properly in a range approved two handed stance. Specially when you have to grab for it with a crappy grip as you sprint out of the booth at the cafe. Reloading a stoppage will only yield a stoppage.

So my answer to all of this is don't worry about whether your grip locks open the slide on the last round so you can speed load like some IPSC rock star. Instead, develop the best and most solid grip you can to deliver the fastest and most accurate fire possible. That is far more important than anything else...including the slide locking open on the last shot.

Shooting fast and accurately is more important than speed loading.

Then use our Reactive Manipulation Methods, which require no analysis of the weapon and that do not assume you need to reload. Yet having removed analysis and decision making from the process are actually faster because there is no need to think.

If the DA pistol stops working for any reason, the easiest first step is to pull the trigger again. It will be a double action trigger but it will be worth doing. If the stoppage has been due to a faulty primer - which does happen - that simple and reflexive act may ignite it and resume the firing cycle.

The next step in case that doesn't work is the Tap Rack Fire (we do our assessing by shooting the bad guy in the face). If that works, see the words in the "( )".

If it does not work, physically pull out the on board magazine and replace it with a fresh magazine. Then work the slide to eject any unfired rounds or fired cases, and reload the chamber. So simply, "reload the gun". The first maneuvers solve a failure to fire, a failure to eject, as well as gives you information about what may be left. The second maneuver solves the empty weapon, as well as a failure to extract (commonly called a double feed).

And yes, other than the Beretta 92, you can extract that magazine quite easily. All of it is done quickly, without ever looking at the pistol, and can be done in complete darkness, while running, or whatever.

The truth is this, and I have seen it in force on force as well as on the street - you likely will not notice that slide locked open as you try to kill without getting killed. What you will know is that your weapon has stopped working, and fix it. That coupled with judicious proactive reloading will make a slide locking back - or not - a moot thing.

So...your pistol doesn't lock open on the last round? It is not a big deal. Treat it like a malfunction (from your perspective it will seem to be just that). Fix it and keep shooting.

Randy Harris
11-13-2015, 10:32 AM
EVERYTHING will have that issue if your thumbs end up pushing down the slide stop. The reason folks have it more with Sig than with anything else is due to where the Sig slide stop is located. It is far enough to the rear that more people end up riding the slide stop with their thumbs if they shoot with a thumbs forward grip.

I have the same issue with my Gen 4 glock 34 with the extended slide stop. I run them with no back strap added and as such my thumbs now are even farther forward than they would be on a Gen 3. As such I ended up resting my thumb on the slide stop on the Gen 4 gun. So I simply took the extended one off and put in a standard slide stop so now I don't have that problem.

Ratfink
11-16-2015, 05:27 AM
What mag extension is that?

tfullerpipes
11-16-2015, 06:05 AM
On the Sig 220 and 226, my "thumbs forward grip" sits on the slide release button. Thus, on the last round the slide doesn't stay open. I wonder if the lever on the 320 works the same way and if anybody is familiar with what I am saying?

My lightbulb just went off. I thought this was an issue on my S&W Sigma in past training. I was riding the slide lock. I thought I was causing a problem and worked to adjust my grip to avoid preventing the slide to lock back. What I REALLY was doing was adjusting my grip to make my instructor's training work.

When the instructor is teaching a a drill that focuses on having slide lock condition, I was doing what I had to do to make slide lock happen, thinking it was important that slide lock occur.

Wow. I just had a BS alarm go off in my head.

I love this place.

Gabriel Suarez
11-16-2015, 06:13 AM
What mag extension is that?

A prototype. We will be making these in 2016.

Ops
11-16-2015, 02:32 PM
any options to add an additonal frame option? since its not serialized and not everyone likes the default size sig sends

Photoman
11-16-2015, 04:14 PM
On the Sig 220 and 226, my "thumbs forward grip" sits on the slide release button. Thus, on the last round the slide doesn't stay open. I wonder if the lever on the 320 works the same way and if anybody is familiar with what I am saying?

A minor training issue. No need for a hardware fix.

American Infidel
11-25-2015, 10:17 AM
How do the Sig 320s shoot?

Gabriel Suarez
11-25-2015, 11:34 AM
How do the Sig 320s shoot?

Fine.

FlashBack
12-02-2015, 06:51 PM
Sig just released a forward facing slide lock lever. Just got it installed and need to get out and put it through the paces yet.

FlashBack
12-02-2015, 06:57 PM

PastorM
01-21-2016, 01:09 PM
I'll be sending my P320 slide in soon, but have a couple questions on the options listed on the order page. I have an RMR (07) sitting next to me here to mount on it. The order page mentions an optional mounting plate and screws ... is this option what you get if you order the "install customer's RMR" option, or is there more (or less) to that $35 option.

Also, is this (http://www.warriortalk.com/showthread.php?122553-About-to-buy-V3-slide-need-pics-of-Smoked-Grey!&p=1695330#post1695330) (a post from Gabe a little over a year ago) the current color palette for refinishing?

PastorM
01-25-2016, 06:44 AM
I'll be sending my P320 slide in soon, but have a couple questions on the options listed on the order page. I have an RMR (07) sitting next to me here to mount on it. The order page mentions an optional mounting plate and screws ... is this option what you get if you order the "install customer's RMR" option, or is there more (or less) to that $35 option.

Also, is this (http://www.warriortalk.com/showthread.php?122553-About-to-buy-V3-slide-need-pics-of-Smoked-Grey!&p=1695330#post1695330) (a post from Gabe a little over a year ago) the current color palette for refinishing?

Bumping this up. Foolishly sent this message/question during the shot show.