PDA

View Full Version : Mpro7 lube?

chopstick1
02-04-2004, 08:47 AM
anyone heard of Mpro7? its' suppose to be similar to break free CLP that's used by the aviation dept. there are cleaners, lubes, protectants. I didn't know if it's better than hopps, sweets..etc.

MACOP
02-04-2004, 09:20 AM
I recently started using the MPro7 cleaner. I think it is great. It does a good job cleaning, and it doesn't smell. The lack of odor is the single biggest selling point for this product, in my opinion.

I have used many different cleaners over the years, and every single one has a strong odor.

Most of these odors stay on the guns after the cleaning is done, and when you where the gun concealed YOU absorb the smell.

Many of the smells make me sick when I am wearing the freshly cleaned gun concealed. I think that is because so many are petroleum based and the fumes are not exactly healthy.
It's good to have a plan.
SteveB

chopstick1
02-04-2004, 09:47 AM
I recently started using the MPro7 cleaner. I think it is great. It does a good job cleaning, and it doesn't smell. The lack of odor is the single biggest selling point for this product, in my opinion.

I have used many different cleaners over the years, and every single one has a strong odor.

Most of these odors stay on the guns after the cleaning is done, and when you where the gun concealed YOU absorb the smell.

Many of the smells make me sick when I am wearing the freshly cleaned gun concealed. I think that is because so many are petroleum based and the fumes are not exactly healthy.
SteveB
where did you buy the cleaner from? I found a site eguns.com that appears to have a good price.

Jim Mayhugh
02-04-2004, 10:00 AM
I've been using the MPro-7 (http://www.mpro7.com) line for years, and as far as I'm concerned, it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

If you run a patch moistened with MPro-7 through the barrel of a new, unfired gun, and allow it to sit for about ten minutes, the MPro-7 helps prevent carbon, copper and lead from adhering to the barrel, making subsequent cleanings a breeze. I can do a field expedient cleaning of my glock with just the Mpro-7, a boresnake, and a brush, and get excellent results.

I've also used the MPro-7 cleaner in an ultrasonic cleaner. I use an immersion heater to heat the MPro-7 to about 160 degrees fahrenheit, and then immerse the entire gun, minus stocks, into the solution for about 10 minutes. I had a model 640-2 stainless revolver that had carbon fouling on the front of the cylinder face that no amount of hoppes, breakfree and scrubbing would remove. After 10 minutes in the ultrasonic, the carbon wiped off with a soft cotton towel.

The fact that there's no smell means that I can clean my guns indoors again as well.

The lube is also top notch.

MACOP
02-04-2004, 10:04 AM
chopstick1 wrote:
"where did you buy the cleaner from? I found a site eguns.com that appears to have a good price."

I bought mine at the best gun store in Massachusetts, Four Seasons in Woburn.

I don't remember how much it cost, because I was buying a SW 1911 and some other stuff at the time.

FWIW, I am trying to get my department to buy some for us to use at the station.
SteveB

chopstick1
02-04-2004, 03:13 PM
I've been using the MPro-7 (http://www.mpro7.com) line for years, and as far as I'm concerned, it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I had a model 640-2 stainless revolver that had carbon fouling on the front of the cylinder face that no amount of hoppes, breakfree and scrubbing would remove. After 10 minutes in the ultrasonic, the carbon wiped off with a soft cotton towel.

I've got that exact problem!! I have a model 66 stainless that had a build up of carbon for years. what's this ultrasonic device and where do I get one?!!!

drcohen
02-26-2004, 11:18 AM
To clarify what was said at the beginning of this board, MPro7 can not be directly compared to CLP. It is not a CLP. MPro7's flagship product is a cleaner, as most of you know. They also have an oil (LP).

I use TW-25B lube from Mil-Comm. It works well with the MPro7 cleaner. www.mil-comm.com

Natch
03-07-2004, 07:28 AM
Mpro 7 is a good, albeit overly expensive, cleaner. It is some type of soap.

The lube is horrible in my experience.

Condition Brown
03-07-2004, 08:24 AM
MPro-7 (formerly MP-7) is an outstanding product. What is quite noticable about the product is it's lack of odor and the outstanding job it does cleaning. I've cleaned guns with BreakFree, then used MPro-7, and you still can still see more carbon residue on the patches. Amazing stuff.

I've used it for years in many different forms. They do make a CLP product, a cleaner-only product, and a lubricant product. But they are best known for their cleaner.

I get mine through Brownells, or a local gun store.

g32
03-07-2004, 08:42 PM
I have been using MPro 7 for about two years. It works great and doesn't stain new carpets either. Don't ask. I learned the hard way. It is not a lube though, and the packaging clearly states that a lube must be applied after cleaning.

dogjaw
03-08-2004, 03:08 AM
where did you buy the cleaner from? I found a site eguns.com that appears to have a good price.
Here you go.
Midway USA (http://www.midwayusa.com)

M-Pro 7 Gun Cleaner 4 oz Pump
Product #: 137989
Our Price: $8.49

M-Pro 7 Gun Cleaner 8 oz Pump
Product #: 619561
Our Price: $13.99
Average Customer Rating:
Read the Review(s)

M-Pro 7 Gun Cleaner 32 oz Trigger
Product #: 173064
Our Price: $29.99
Average Customer Rating:
Read the Review(s)

M-Pro 7 Gun Cleaner 1 Gallon
Product #: 822547
Our Price: $69.99

dogjaw
03-08-2004, 03:12 AM
Just looked on eguns.com (http://www.eguns.com) . Cheaper prices than Midway USA.