PDA

View Full Version : CIV POL (PSD) in Iraq? and WPPS?

casj
03-15-2006, 01:34 AM
I'm currently starting to work for the CIV POL program for Dyncorp in Iraq as a PSD-team member, anybody have any info about that, good/bad?

I'm not from the States (Skandinavia) but can see that the WPPS does not hire non-us. have anybody from outside the states got a job with that program anyway? and what is the the diffirence between CIV POL PSD and WPPS?

C.

karl johnson
03-15-2006, 04:18 AM
I wasn't aware that CivPol (Civilian Police) had a PSD program. I assume that means you will be protecting the CivPol trainers?

Ask what the makeup of your teams will be. I knew some Dyncorp PSD teams out of Mosul that were 75% Iraqi, and they got hit WAY too often for it to be anything but inside knowledge. I would avoid Iraqi based teams if I were you, but if you do go that route, remember it's really easy to find work once you're in country, so don't stay aboard if it gets too weird.

WPPS does static security and PSD for State Dept missions at Embassies and Consulates around the world.

I worked for Dyncorp for a year, and have no complaints. I worked with two Great Danes in Iraq, and have no complaints about them either!

casj
03-15-2006, 05:57 AM
I have been working in Iraq for 1 year with Global Risk so I know something about it all. - but good to know that you have good exp. with Dyncorp

Well It is a State Dep. contract under CIV POL and what I have heard it is PSD eg. Dyncorp employees around Iraq also CIV POL police officers.
There are alot of South Africans, some Brits, and Kiwies and of course Americans working on that project.

WPPS only hire US. nationals right?

karl johnson
03-15-2006, 04:06 PM
There are alot of South Africans, some Brits, and Kiwies and of course Americans working on that project.

WPPS only hire US. nationals right?

I believe that WPPS is only for US nationals due to security clearance issues.

Dyncorp had some awesome South Africans working for them. We were working out of the same base at Taiji, and I learned a whole lot from those guys during the debriefings around the fire each evening.