PDA

View Full Version : Cochise

Cold War Scout
02-22-2006, 04:32 PM
Came across this on GOTX:
---------------------------

If you even think you might wanna make over 100K a year, go to war, and kick some ass. SEND YOUR RESUME TO COCHISE.

Dont PM me asking if youre "ready". Audy Murphy wasnt ready and you saw how that turned out.

Get your silly ass in the war. Young, old, retarded, whatever.. Just go.

You wont get many kills playing HALO with your friends online.

Yes, there is a chance you will be burned alive, fed to dogs, or ass raped cause you ran outta ammo.

But you just might get lay the smack down with a PKM on the savages.

Its like VEGAS. No balls? No blue chips.

Quit your gay ass jobs and join Uncle Sam's SAND PIRATES....

Bruce Piffel
02-22-2006, 05:06 PM
That is great....:D

Cold War Scout
02-22-2006, 05:07 PM
That is great....:D

BTW: Tom and I were chatting about you last week.

Firecop71
02-22-2006, 05:15 PM

If you even think you might wanna make over 100K a year, go to war, and kick some ass. SEND YOUR RESUME TO COCHISE.

Dont PM me asking if youre "ready". Audy Murphy wasnt ready and you saw how that turned out.

Get your silly ass in the war. Young, old, retarded, whatever.. Just go.

You wont get many kills playing HALO with your friends online.

Yes, there is a chance you will be burned alive, fed to dogs, or ass raped cause you ran outta ammo.

But you just might get lay the smack down with a PKM on the savages.

Its like VEGAS. No balls? No blue chips.

Outstanding. Hope it doesn't fall on deaf long hair covered, jewelry adorned ears.:p

Bruce Piffel
02-22-2006, 05:30 PM
BTW: Tom and I were chatting about you last week.

That is definitely a compliment..:)

karl johnson
02-22-2006, 07:01 PM
If you want to go there and kick some ass, join the Army or stay home. If you want to go do a difficult, dangerous, and dirty job, then by all means try to find a responsible company to work for in the sand box.

I had no use for Cochise's attitudes when I was there, and none now. Their attitudes, macho Tshirts and unkempt appearance gave us all a bad name and contributes nothing to the industry while pissing off the military and Iraqi security forces I had to deal with, and count on, daily.

Want to work with a bunch of former E4's self-impressed by the money they're making? Do you want to be one of the loudest "quiet professionals" on Earth? Wanna work with guys fired from MVM, Dyncorp and BW? Send you resume to Cochise! Do it now!

Maybe they've improved since I was there almost a year ago now. Definitely look deep before jumping into that pool.

positive rate
02-22-2006, 10:57 PM
Skip it. Nobody gives a crap about my "drunk-posting"

Most importantly: What does Cochise PAY?
And in NO WAY am I disputing your first-hand account!

karl johnson
02-22-2006, 11:46 PM
Actually, PR, your post did encourage me to explain the E4 thing. I certainly met several extremely worthwhile active, and former, E4's in my time there, and don't want to be seen as slighting them. While they had the attitude and desire needed to learn to work in that environment, or in any environment,they were not your typical examples. Simply being an infantryman for a few years is not great preparation for this sort of work.

That is only now becoming understood in industry circles, and I think the burgeoning training opportunities, like Yeager's Tactical Response for example, are a great step forward.

Cold War Scout
02-23-2006, 04:00 AM
Is it possible that the specs ops/SWAT guys are perturbed that mere mortals got to earn some of this big contractor money?

Sharkey
02-23-2006, 07:49 AM

I don't think my wife would share in your sentiment. Besides, I like my gay ass job of taking kids away from their crappy parents - (someone has to do it). I really don't feel like building a democracy where one is not wanted.
I say 2 cheers for Civil War in Iraq! :D

Fulanito
02-23-2006, 11:20 AM
I don't think my wife would share in your sentiment. Besides, I like my gay ass job of taking kids away from their crappy parents - (someone has to do it). I really don't feel like building a democracy where one is not wanted.
I say 2 cheers for Civil War in Iraq! :D

You know, a Civil War is not always a bad thing. It is the natural genesis of things and part of the political developmental process. The winner emerges and we deal with them and not two separate factions fighting for internal control. IMHO, we involved ourselves in Somalia too soon. Nobody was in control to deal with. If you cant deal with a 1 boss, you end up dealing with 100,000 eaches and others. Yes, we can influence things to a certain degree, but hoping to turn around an entire underdeveloped culture is quite unlikely. You can only divert the path of water so long as it will eventually find it's own way. A Civil War allows them to sort it out on their own while, hopefully killing each other. I call this International Darwinism. There will emerge a new, natural balance of power. In the mean time, we win the overall war by not firing a shot and simply looking for alternative means of fuel. After all, that is the ONLY reason that part of the world wields any influence at all. I say lets change the rules of the game fundamentally and watch them kill themselves.
Please do not read this as non-support for our troops. I was there in the Gulf war and my son is on his way in a few months. I just think that Sun Tsu would have solved this before a shot was fired by not allowing ourselves to become dependent of foreign supply. c We became too dependant on the good will and logical pricing of other nations. After all, isn't this why we used only Harley's for Police for years, Built Glock in Smyrna and not rely on Austria, and don't let Chrysler (who makes out tanks) go under? We must maintain control of that which is vital to us and our economy or we end up in shit. We, the consumers of the world have made the Middle East important and we, the consumers, need to change that. As long as we need them, they control us and call the shots. Unless, of course we make the whole region in to a parking lot and stick an American flag up in the middle of it and run it right.

Just some "not so well thought through" ramblings of a retired soldier.

Pale Horse
02-23-2006, 12:02 PM
Sign me up. I will quit my job if I could get a crack at PMC work, even for a few months.

PH

karl johnson
02-23-2006, 03:12 PM
Is it possible that the specs ops/SWAT guys are perturbed that mere mortals got to earn some of this big contractor money?

Not here. Several companies wouldn't even look at my resume since it wasn't HSLD enough for them. After I developed a good reputation in the country I had it a bit easier, but that takes a while.

When I was there, there was plenty of work for everyone. The real HSLD types have lots of places to go and they don't work for Cochise, which also has a rep for paying the low end of the scale.