PDA

View Full Version : Gang Unit Steal!!

padom
07-25-2014, 05:24 PM
Are you kidding me? The Gang Unit is on sale for $45? It was over a $100 for a long time, has been at $90 for a while and now $45?? OST is giving these things away. Just placed my order, I couldn't turn one down at that price! Get them quickly as there's no way Gabe's giving them away for long.

Tanampo
07-25-2014, 06:27 PM
What a deal! I bought one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jswag
07-25-2014, 06:37 PM
Also picked one up. I was considering it at $90, no way I could let it go for $45. Also got a Columbian for my new to me RMR G26.

Redneck Zen
07-25-2014, 07:52 PM
Great. I go in to order a Gang Unit and somehow my finger slipped and I also ended up with a Classic Bowie, too. :shock:

I wonder how that happened? :naughty:

coastalcop
07-25-2014, 08:19 PM
Great. I go in to order a Gang Unit and somehow my finger slipped and I also ended up with a Classic Bowie, too. :shock:

I wonder how that happened? :naughty:

You too huh? Looking a d a dog and. Knife pig hunt in my near future

Shannon Hogan
07-25-2014, 09:40 PM
padom, thanks for the heads up! I bought two Gang Units, one for my oldest son who will be on leave in two weeks and will be coming through my AO with his family.

padom
07-26-2014, 06:06 AM
No problem. I just wish the Grab and Stab was on sale as well.

twinboysdad
07-26-2014, 08:30 PM
sold out now...and I did not get one

ctdair
08-12-2014, 03:56 PM
Still waiting for mine. traveling to a npe and was going to make the one I ordered my hide out. Hope it arrives tomorrow.

padom
08-12-2014, 03:57 PM
Mine came a few weeks ago and is trully awesome! Love it

CaptBeach
08-12-2014, 04:22 PM
HOW DID I MISS THIS ONE? I AM ON HERE EVERYDAY, SOMETIMES MULTIPLE TIMES PER DAY...

WHEN WILL THESE BE BACK IN STOCK? GOT TO HAVE ONE...

padom
08-12-2014, 04:25 PM
The pictures on OST just don't do it justice. This thing is thick, sharp as a razor blade, fits like a glove in your hand, and comes with a nice sheath. I'm gonna make another kydex holster for IWB carry as well. If I knew it was this nice I would have bought one a year ago.

H60DoorGunner
08-12-2014, 04:40 PM
sold out now...and I did not get one

Yeah, same here. I'm pretty bummed about it.

Benjamin Liu
08-12-2014, 04:45 PM
I noticed this thread when it was first posted, but did not get the Gang Unit.

Instead, I got the Bowie. At approx $170.00 shipped it was the best fighting Bowie deal around. It is still a good deal at approx $210.00 shipped.

So far I've just used the TSD Bowie for some Eskrima drills and carrying it hiking. It seems lighter than it looks due to the balance and when hiking the way the sheath is set up it does not get in the way or feel heavy. I haven't tried it with a pack yet.

AFAKI it is the only Bowie in this price range with a full exposed tang and a fighting guard.
It also comes with a usable kydex sheath and a Tek-Lok, and a sheath of that quality will usually run at least $50.00 and large Tek-Loks usually add $15.00 to the price.

For a comparison, there have been a couple posts on the Prather War Bowie, which usually goes for around $150.00 with a nylon sheath. They sell a kydex sheath for it for $50.00 and adding a Tek-Lok it will run about 215.00 before shipping, and that would probably be ordering the knife, sheath, and Tek-Lok from different sources. It is also shorter and has no guard.

The Cold Steel Bowies are good deals and have good sheaths, but aside from the Frontier Bowie they don't have full exposed tangs if that is important to you.

I can't think of another Bowie in this size range with a fighting guard, kydex sheath, Tek-Lok, and a full exposed tang.