PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles Gunfighting

shootist
09-25-2003, 04:26 PM
Hey gabe,

I want to thank you for the training last weekend in L.A. It was a great event and I certainly found out I didn't know what I didn't know.

Some notable points:

1). Forget Weaver Stances and stand like you are going to fight
2). A back up revolver is a great idea (at one point Gabe's Glock choked with 9mm training ammo - Gabe had his belly gun, a snubbie out and in hand before his Glock 19 hit the dirt - then as Murphy no doubt intended, the snubbie clicked on empty - the snubbie dropped out of his hand and a cold steel tanto sliced the target in half).
3). Shooting and moving is the order of the day as is shoot them to the ground.
4). Sigs in .357 Sig may disclose one's particular occupation (oops).

Great class, my only suggestion is to make it into a three day class.

shootist

Bill Lance
09-25-2003, 06:35 PM
A Glock choke?? and Gabe with an empty BUG??---maybe this was set-up to teach the idea to never give up. I don't know--just a wild guess.?,?

Gabriel Suarez
09-25-2003, 07:01 PM
No. Actually here's the deal. I have a bunch of old 10 round mags that I use for training. I never carry them, but only use them in training. One of them gave me a malfunction. I was carrying a S&W 640 with some old LASD rounds that I brought to shoot in the course (circa 1986).

I dropped the Glock 17 and brought out the 640, which didn't fire the old rounds (wouldn't you know it!).

So the only thing left to do was drop the 640 and attack with the Cold Steel. Train like you fight right.

Interesting thing is that I had not planned either the transition from Glock to 640, nor from 640 to blade. Nice to know we are on the right path.

Lessons - get rid of old ammo and old magazines, or ONLY use them for personal training.
:D :D

In any case, it WAS a fun class.

Bill Lance
09-25-2003, 07:13 PM
Excellent!!

Jack Rumbaugh
10-06-2003, 10:03 PM
4). Sigs in .357 Sig may disclose one's particular occupation (oops).

shootist

Ya think??? :)

Bit of a SIGnature there...

Jack

(Yes I spotted you)