PDA

View Full Version : Glock Tactical Light: any experience?

Vig Creed
01-22-2004, 06:53 AM
I am thinking about ordering a Glock "Safe Action" Tactical Light for my G-20 10mm. Anyone have any experience/feedback?

In particular I was wondering how it holds up with hot loads? How bright it is? How small/narrow can the beam be focused? How wide? Are holsters available for G-20's with attached lights? How easy/fast to attach/detach?

Any other info that would be helpfull?

creed

Catshooter
01-24-2004, 08:09 AM
Vig,

I can't answer many of your q's, here's what I can say.

I looked long and hard at all the available lights, money wasn't a consideration, I wanted the best for my application.

I choose the Glock because they stack the batteries one atop the other, and the M series stack them side by side, making the light fatter. Glocks are plenty fat, in my book, and don't need to get worse.

The light is focusable (easily). Mine lives on a 19, so holding up to recoil isn't much of a task. Comes on and off just fine. No problems at all to report.

Seems just as bright as my Surefires. It's used inside my house/property so it's focused about like a Surefire.

Hope this helps some, anyway.

Cat

cr420
01-25-2004, 03:55 PM
I like the Glock light, the only reason that I am opting to wait for the Surefire light is that, as far as I know, there is no duty holster out that will support the Glock light.

Vig Creed
01-27-2004, 06:48 AM
I just bought one for my 10mm. Seems to be an excellent and well designed light. I don't yet know if it is recoil proof with hot 10mm ammo, but will find out today.

creed

Mnukedude
02-02-2004, 12:12 AM
So far I like it on my Glock 19, but when I bought it, I intended for it to do double duty as a light on an AR15 as well, mounted at 6 o'clock at the extreme forward of the handguard where a front grip conveniently places my hand near the switch. On the pistol it's great. On the rifle, I have one little beef-- the locking latch on it is beveled on one side so that one need only push the light on the Glock's rail until it locks. Well and good on the pistol. On the rifle though, once the light locks into the first lug of the Picatinney rail and is positioned for use, the bevel allows the light to migrate backwards on the rail if it is bumped. Any ideas on how to end this problem?