PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Pistol Marksmanship Drills?

fatherof7
10-01-2003, 01:22 PM
I plan to take advantage on Missouri's new LTC law. To that end, I recently purchased Gabe's TACTICAL PISTOL MARKSMANSHIP and it was just what I was looking for. Plenty of practical advice, tactics, and opinions.

In the appendix of the book, there is a skills test with what I assume are par times. I am definietly in the beginner category. If I pace myslef so I can get the required accuracy, my times were approximately double the listed ones. I know with practice, I'm going to improve so I'm not worried about my speed right now.

My two questions are:
Should I add any time to the par time to allow for the fact that I am drawing from an IWB @ 4:00 with shirt over my pistol instead of a holster on my hip? If/When I'm consistently below the par times at one level, does that mean I should start working drills on the next higher level?Thanks,
Glenn

Gabriel Suarez
10-05-2003, 12:14 PM
Glenn,

The times listed are not that important and actually I wish i had not put time in that section. my suggestion is to set aside the timer and work on being as fast as you can be without trying to beat a specific time limit.