PDA

View Full Version : Why Do I Need What?

Jon Payne
05-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Killing some time.

BeardedPelican
05-05-2013, 02:49 PM
Pretty slick setup, what's the light that you're running on the gun?

Jon Payne
05-05-2013, 03:05 PM
It's a Surefire X200 I got from Don Robison. I have an X300 on my list and just got a M620C I put on my patrol rifle.

strengverboten
05-05-2013, 03:42 PM

A real surefire nerd (like me) will recognize the light as not only an X200 but an early "200A" before they started to make smooth round bezels and wider beam patterns on the short lived "X200B"

And yes I admit that is totally useless info.

Great pic Mr. Payne.

apamburn
05-05-2013, 07:50 PM
Lesser men are afraid to grab life by the balls. Lesser men get stuck in ruts a 4x4 couldn't pull them out of. Lesser men despise men who are successful. They dream up all kinds of crap on why they don't need this nor that..............

Lesser men don't travel, usually have ugly wives and know not the feel of a Heavy High Dollar watch on their wrist, nor the feel of a luxury car nor the accuracy of a TSD RMRed Glock 17 . They probably wonder why a man wastes his time building a company or wealth, since you can't take it with you..... or they would like you to believe. What they also will never know......... is the great pride in building something. Something that will care for their loved ones long after they are gone. They'll never leave a legacy. They only see the crumbs that drop from our tables and wonder .........

But they will still never understand. Because they have failed to seek a Bon Vivant life.

Never apologize and showing your peers your taste in quality is never showing off. Its actually well recieved by others in the know.

Well said.

I may quote you some time, if you don't mind.

Gabriel Suarez
05-05-2013, 08:21 PM
Its quite simple. Need is for welfare rats and communists. Want is for successful pirates and capitalists. That is all.

apamburn
05-07-2013, 01:50 PM
Your gonna do fine here.......... only 5 posts and you already get it! Welcome bro. C

Thanks! :)

I've been voraciously consuming everything I can here and I am learning much.

I can't wait to go to a class one day.

I hate when someone asks me to justify why I 'need' a firearm.

I don't need to justify why I 'need' my right to defend myself, and owning a firearm is inseparable from that right.

Would someone ask me to justify why I 'need' my right to free speech? Or to be secure from unreasonable search and seizure?

Owning a firearm and self defense are my right. They exist outside and regardless of the government and I need not justify my exercise of those or other rights to anyone.