PDA

View Full Version : Glock M-22 10rd. Magazine?

Tom Cornelius
01-19-2004, 08:39 AM
I'm having some difficulty disassembling my g-22 10rd. magazines.
I have followed the directions in the manual to no avail. The floorplate does not want to move. The hi-cap magazines our Dept. uses disassemble without any problems. Anybody out there have a suggestion or solution?

MACOP
01-19-2004, 08:56 AM
I'm having some difficulty disassembling my g-22 10rd. magazines.
I have followed the directions in the manual to no avail. The floorplate does not want to move. The hi-cap magazines our Dept. uses disassemble without any problems. Anybody out there have a suggestion or solution?

Does the floorplate have 'wings' on them? I mean, look at the floor plate from the top (looking down from the feedlips). Do you see a notch on either side of the mag body and floor plate?

If so, you must squeeze the sides of the magazine body to get the wings out of the notch. I use a pair of pliers, with part of an old belt between the pliers and the mag body to protect the plastic mag. Squeeze gently, and the floorplate should slide off.

I have been told that some have been taught to rip the floorplate off. Supposedly this was passed at Glock Armorers school. I cannot bring myself to do this.
It's good to have a plan.
SteveB

John Silver
01-19-2004, 08:56 AM
There are two little tabs on the bottom of the magazine body that engage the baseplate. On some magazines, you have to really press in HARD to get those tabs to clear.

You have to do this while you are pressing in the release button on the bottom and sliding the base plate off. Usually I use a punch to push in on the release and pry forward while squeezing in on the magazine body as hard as I can. Some release easy, some hard.

Austrians must have three arms.

Mnukedude
01-19-2004, 05:02 PM
Does the floorplate have 'wings' on them? I mean, look at the floor plate from the top (looking down from the feedlips). Do you see a notch on either side of the mag body and floor plate?

If so, you must squeeze the sides of the magazine body to get the wings out of the notch. I use a pair of pliers, with part of an old belt between the pliers and the mag body to protect the plastic mag. Squeeze gently, and the floorplate should slide off.

I have been told that some have been taught to rip the floorplate off. Supposedly this was passed at Glock Armorers school. I cannot bring myself to do this.
It's good to have a plan.
SteveB

I just took the Glock Armorer's class last week. The method they taught us for floorplate removal was to stick our Glock Armorer's tool (a 3/32 punch for you "mortals" :D ) into the release button hole as far as it will go. This will flip the insert plate sideways inside the mag. Leave your punch in the magazine, and push it forward, using it as a lever to move the floorplate forward (you may have to squeeze the mag a little). At some point you should be able to slide it off. It does not feel like a very gentle thing to be doing to your magazines when you do it, but it works.

billcameron
01-19-2004, 05:12 PM
Link has pictures of what is described in prior post. It works great for me and I tried a lot of methods.

http://phipada.com/Phillip/glockdisassemble.htm

Mnukedude
01-20-2004, 07:58 AM
Link has pictures of what is described in prior post. It works great for me and I tried a lot of methods.

http://phipada.com/Phillip/glockdisassemble.htm
Great link. That's exactly what they taught us.