PDA

View Full Version : Nutrition

Nick1stJ
12-23-2005, 02:48 PM
Hi, ive been given a gainer by someone who knew I was short on cash and didn't need it.

Now im not training for mass, but I didn't know the pot was so I didn't think about politely refusing.

Overall, Is it better to take the gainer even though I will gain some mass or should I simply give it back?

Right now im about 5 foot 6 or seven inches and weight about 146 pounds so I guess some extra pounds of muscle wouldn't hurt me, but I don't wanna take somehting that will make me gain just that and no strengh/better cardio etc.

Cold War Scout
12-23-2005, 03:05 PM
My personal opinion? You don't need that crap. Last Sunday I met a Team 10 guy. I doubt he was more than 170 lbs. But he was swinging an 85 pound dumbbell. He may not have looked big, but he was strong as an ox.

michael
12-23-2005, 04:06 PM
If you're only going to take one can, it probably won't make much difference either way. If you do take it, just make sure to continue intense workouts so that it does not add fat weight instead of muscle. Lean fitness should be the goal, not mass for mass's sake. Strive to be as strong pound-for-pound as you can get, but not at the expense of adding weight to just become bigger.

Kobra
12-23-2005, 05:30 PM
You can cut with protein as well. You don't have to use it to put on mass. Use it as a meal replacement and hit the cardio OR use it as an extra meal and hit the weights and cardio hard. Plunge the body fat and get some striation going.

Kobra

Manwell
12-23-2005, 06:15 PM
If you're only going to take one can, it probably won't make much difference either way. If you do take it, just make sure to continue intense workouts so that it does not add fat weight instead of muscle. Lean fitness should be the goal, not mass for mass's sake. Strive to be as strong pound-for-pound as you can get, but not at the expense of adding weight to just become bigger.

I couldn’t agree more with Michael’s statement. Practice at being quick and perfect the use of deadly weapons… you can stand 5’ tall and weigh in 120 pounds and take out a 6’ 230 pound man in a second.

Manwell

Nick1stJ
12-25-2005, 02:05 PM
Kk thx for the advice guys.

Eric
12-29-2005, 04:24 PM
Stupid question: What's "gainer"?

Nick1stJ
12-29-2005, 07:02 PM
Nutritional supplements used primarly to gain muscles,mass and weight.

Eric
12-30-2005, 04:54 PM
Cool! Thanks...