PDA

View Full Version : Cigars!

50BMG
11-20-2012, 05:06 PM
I'm not a heavy smoker and not into cigarettes, but I do love a good cigar, especially as the weather turns.

Of course the standard Romeo y Julietas and the like, but I'm curious what the tribe enjoys for good cigars. I've had good experiences with Padrons as well.

I'm interested in suggestions to give my wife ideas for stocking stuffers.

50BMG
11-20-2012, 05:38 PM
You want to stuff a cigar in her mouth?? Hahahahaha...............

Your $$ is better spent on facial & body creams bro............... trust me on this.

My wife gets X - Amount of spending $$$$ and thats that.

No, no. Although I did think of Clinton-esque scenarios.

The cigars would be for me. The wife always gets the good lady gifts. The tobacco would be for me.

Option1
11-20-2012, 05:49 PM
It's hard to go wrong with a Fuente Don Carlos Presidente or Double Robusto! If you are inclined to enjoy added spiciness one could opt for any of the Fuente Fuente Opus X's! Full of full body goodness! You mentioned Padron so the Anniversario could get a strong nod here as well. Also an excellent choice would be an Ashton VSG Belicoso or other size to your liking.

Happy cigar hunting! :-)

fldback
11-20-2012, 06:07 PM
It all depends on what you like.

If you don't know, a lot of online merchants sell sampler packs that are usually pretty good deals.

If you like flavored cigars, check out Tabak Especial by Drew estates. I don't like flavored cigars usually but their coffee infused cigars are great!

If you like mild cigars Cigar.com's Purple Label are very good and priced nicely at about $3 each.

If you like a more medium bodied cigar check out the Bering Puro Nicaraguan. They can be picked up for $2 to $3 apiece.

If you like a full bodied cigars the Rocky Patel Edge is a good one. They are a bit pricier at about $7 each.

ShooterDW
11-20-2012, 07:09 PM
Found a new one recently, Perdomo
Criollo - medium body
Champagne - light
Or
Cuban stock Exqusito Limitado - full body

$8 to $10 per stick range........

Ride4TheBrand
11-20-2012, 07:23 PM
Anything by Fuente
Anything by Gurkha

Gabriel Suarez
11-20-2012, 08:49 PM
My father owned a tobacco plantation before the Cuban Lord of the rats took power in '59. One day perhaps we will take a field trip.

Heywood
11-20-2012, 10:14 PM
AnOther nod to the Opus X. Great if you like em full bodied

Mike Heckathorn
11-20-2012, 10:28 PM
CAO Brazilia is one of my favorites. The line of Acid coats are also very nice.

Winchester67
11-20-2012, 11:16 PM
Gabe, I would be very interested in your opinions since you have some family history. My boss is a world traveler and a cigar guy, and I would like to get him something he would enjoy for the holidays. Back in the 80's, I had a guy that worked in a dive shop in the Bahama's. (after his parents paid for dental school...they were so proud) Used to bring up the Cubans and I grew fond of the Cohiba. But as I grew older for some reason my voice goes the following morning after a night of smoking. These days I don't partake, but like to be a good host. As you would expect of a Warrior Bon Vivant, borders and regulations have little concern to me but legal imports of quality make things that much easier. Anything you would serve to your guests?

yoni
11-21-2012, 01:26 AM
I have a very wealthy friend he is almost worth a billion bucks.

He will buy special limited runs of Cubans for special occasions. But his every day cigar are Montecristo's either A's or 3's, Cubans of course.

Jeremy
11-21-2012, 06:39 AM
Oliva Serie G, natural or maduro, have always been a favorite of mine. The Special G, from that line, is a nice small cigar that's nice for a quick smoke and looks good. I almost always burn myself smoking these to a nub.

Navy_Piper
11-21-2012, 02:20 PM
I ran across a new stick in a sampler pack I picked up from CI, Sancho Panza double Maduro. Quite the surprise! Reminded me of a Padron 3000. Can't beat the price (hey I'm Scottish! Lol) so I just found my new daily smoke!

Have happy & Blessed Thanksgiving!

Doc

Robert H. Bledsaw, LCDR FMF/SW, USN SCC
Commanding Officer
Pacific Central Region, 12.7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacDuff
11-21-2012, 03:22 PM
Cuban Cohiba when available. After that, Diamond Crown Maximus or Padron.

MacDuff

Anthony
11-21-2012, 03:44 PM
After the Cuban crises, some rich Cuban cigar manufacturers moved to Brazil.
Bahia state mainly, and there they re-started their cigar industry.

Brazilian cigars are top quality.

WalkerAK74M
11-21-2012, 03:49 PM
We have a lovely thread on seegars goin on here.... http://www.warriortalk.com/showthread.php?88437-A-good-cigar&highlight= :cool:

TrojanSkyCop1
11-22-2012, 12:28 AM
If you don't know, a lot of online merchants sell sampler packs that are usually pretty good deals.

The Thompson Cigar catalog is very good in this regard.