PDA

View Full Version : Airsoft Pistol Help

RedDevil
01-10-2004, 04:57 PM
I'd like to get an airsoft pistol for some more practice at home and for some of Gabe's classes. I carry a stock Colt 1991 and would like one almost exactly like it. Can anyone recommend a company that carries stock 1911 airsoft guns? I was into paintball for a couple years but I don't know where to start when it comes to airsoft. I would prefer not to have to rack the slide everytime I wanted to shoot it. I think this would leave out the spring-powered guns?

TIA

Gabriel Suarez
01-10-2004, 06:24 PM
Red Devil,

We just bought a Caspian 1911 at Atlanta Airsoft. I showed it to one of our training partners and he exclaimed, "You're not carrying your Glock anymore?!"

It is actually made by Caspian. Gas-operated and cost is about $90.

V42
01-10-2004, 09:07 PM
Here is a link to a thread I started some time ago regarding airsoft guns in the armed srlf defense category. As an update I ordered a Glock 26 Airsoft a few days ago.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthread.php?t=855

Mute
01-12-2004, 12:24 PM
If you want an airsoft pistol in a 1911 pattern, get one made by Western Arms. These are the highest quality ones I've seen.

RedDevil
01-13-2004, 09:47 AM
If you want an airsoft pistol in a 1911 pattern, get one made by Western Arms. These are the highest quality ones I've seen.

You're not kidding. I can't believe the attention to detail. They look just like Colts.

http://www.boomarms.com/product_img/WAHGGOVE.jpg

Kobra
09-21-2004, 09:46 PM
Gabe,
I just ordered a Caspian Airsoft and was wondering how yours has been working out for you. Any update?

Thanks, Kobra

jaytee
09-21-2004, 11:00 PM
Not sure where you are in AZ, but Jungle Toy has a shop in Phoenix and one in Tempe. Check their website for address/phone: http://www.jungletoy.com/home.htm (jungletoy.com)

They have a pretty good selection.

Some of the Paintball stores also have started carrying airsoft.

I have a gbb Beretta 92 made by KJWorks, it works fine. Picked it up at a gunshow for $80 last year.

Good luck and good shooting.

Harlequin
09-22-2004, 03:58 AM
I have a KWC 1911 that seems to be holding up well. What that means is that it's worked so far but will now break the next time I use it.

Praetorianus
09-22-2004, 04:53 AM
I've just bought a marui hi capa 1911 style pistol and I have to say its surprisingly reliable in terms of ftf, you can shoot up to 25 rounds without refilling the gas tanks, which is far more than you'll ever need (gas tank is in the mag). Accuracy is good and the gun seems to keep up well with mistreatments such as fast slide rack or hard mag insertion. I don't know if its good for a FOF class(I 've never took one) because it has a plastic slide, but i think some metal slide will be available soon.
Btw,ambidextrous safety, adjustable rear sight, adjustable hop up, and a metal core aren't that bad!
I *think* precision is more than enough for training in the 0-7 meter range,i'll be doing some statistics about that in the next days.
For an extensive review check this
http://www.renegaderecon.com/article_details.php?id=61

Price is about $120.

Gabriel Suarez
09-22-2004, 05:39 AM
So far so good on Caspian. Again, they are not made for what we use them for and may stop working next time. I did have some trouble with a Jungle Toy Glock that came apart, but is not the ones that KJW or KWC make.

Gecko
09-22-2004, 05:58 AM

I too have been researching AirSoft for several months, only looking for a Glock. In all my research the Western Arms pistols are the most highly regarded. They do however come with a price tag that reflects this.

As pointed out by David the KWA G19 appears to be the gun of choice in Glocks.

Now if I could just find a real use for one in my, rather isolated, part of the country! :)

Kobra
09-22-2004, 07:26 AM
Thanks, Gabe and the rest for your replies. The Caspian will be arriving on Friday. The same day I'm having a Lasik enhancement on my right eye ;) so I won't be able to try it out until Saturday. I'll update at that time.

Thanks again, Kobra

RMF
09-22-2004, 12:42 PM
Gabe,
I just ordered a Caspian Airsoft and was wondering how yours has been working out for you. Any update?

Thanks, Kobra

Don't know about Gabe, but mines been going great, specially since I FINALLY found some extra mags. They were a problem for a while.