PDA

View Full Version : Car Safe/Lockbox

Condition Brown
01-10-2004, 04:34 PM
I am looking for a safe or lockbox for my Ford Taurus. I cannot carry at work. Any thoughts?

Gabriel Suarez
01-10-2004, 06:26 PM
Suggestion - Pelican case with combo lock. Once on scene, secure blaster in Pelican case and move Pelican case to the trunk.

There are in car safes, but rather than give you info which I am not expert in, I'll defer to other members or to your own internet research.

Bodfish
01-10-2004, 08:44 PM
I have used a Gunvault bolted in the trunk of my car. Its easy to make the transfer to the Gunvault by concealing your pistol in a jacket or any other suitable item that you can also leave in the trunk.

DaveJames
01-10-2004, 09:03 PM
I use a top feed gunvault in the center console of my pickup, when I unass the truck the cargun goes into the vault, it works very well

V42
01-10-2004, 09:12 PM
However you do it, factor in how you will unobtrusively get the gun from your person to the carrying box/safe when you park and how you will get it from the case to your person when you are done for the day.

Many workplaces extend the no gun zone to their parking, regardless of whether they can legally do so or not. If you get observed transferring a gun to or from the box/carrying case you may find yourself in as much trouble as if you had brushed up against someone in the hall and they felt the bulge in your pants, or even worse, felt the firearm you were carrying.

Vig Creed
01-12-2004, 06:58 AM
WalMart carries some excellent "Sentry" handgun size safes, big enough for 3-4 guns. They are heavy duty, inexpensive ($35-$40), and can be secured in your vehicle by attaching the safes to seat floor brackets with steel cable and padlock.

creed