PDA

View Full Version : Peltor Shooting muffs

Omega
01-08-2004, 03:39 PM
Where is the best place online to buy these to get the best deal?

I'm interested in either the TacticalPro or the ComTac set.

I like the TacticalPro as they have the highest dB reduction, but the ComTac set is so much thinner.

Any advice is appreciated,
Thanks

Charles Rives
01-09-2004, 02:17 AM
I've been using Peltor brand for several years. What I like about the Peltors is how soft their "doughnut" is. The doughnut is that padded ring that rides against your head around your ear and forms the seal for the hard plastic cup that goes over your ear. With the soft and thick doughnuts on the Peltors, I seam to always get a good seal even over the earpieces of my safety glasses.

- Chuck

Scout
01-09-2004, 11:22 AM
If you plan on shooting long guns, you need to get the lower profile muffs. The Tac 6 or the ComTacs work well physically when you have to run a cheek weld.

My opinion is the ComTacs are not worth the extra $$ unless you are running a mike. I have used Comtacs since they were released to the public 3 years ago and I reach for my Tac 6s more often than the other.

As for price, if you do a search you should find some decent discounts from companies that sell industrial safety supplies.

Omega
01-09-2004, 11:34 AM
If you plan on shooting long guns, you need to get the lower profile muffs. The Tac 6 or the ComTacs work well physically when you have to run a cheek weld.

My opinion is the ComTacs are not worth the extra $$ unless you are running a mike. I have used Comtacs since they were released to the public 3 years ago and I reach for my Tac 6s more often than the other.

As for price, if you do a search you should find some decent discounts from companies that sell industrial safety supplies.

I think you narrowed it down for me.

I am a HAM, so I do like the option of the mike for commo.

Thanks for the feedback,

SailorDude
01-14-2004, 05:41 PM
Scout:

Do you know if the Peltor earpeices can be turned upside down in the headband brackets?

For someone like me with high cheekbones, a narrow face, and a wide cranium, getting a good cheekweld is something of a problem and the Peltor ear peieces look like they're upside down for that purpose as they come from the factory.

thanks.

SD

Scout
01-14-2004, 07:23 PM
The T6s can be turned upside down (for smaller profile).

This doesn't work with any of the newer muffs (Comtac, et al).

SailorDude
01-14-2004, 08:31 PM
The T6s can be turned upside down (for smaller profile).

This doesn't work with any of the newer muffs (Comtac, et al).

Thanks, bro.

Is this a great place to hang out or what?

SD

Brass Balls
01-23-2004, 11:17 PM
Check out D&R Sports. They have great prices and service to match.

https://www.dnrsports.net/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=DSC&Category_Code=earprotectionpel

Stay clear of Botach tactical at all costs.